วันจันทร์ที่ 25 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2556

Curtains for Living Room

Curtains for Living Room
I ordered three of these for our sliding patio door. After the first two came, I was trying to figure out a way to get rid of the deep creases that resulted from its packaging. I was afraid to iron them, even though the package said "cool iron," so I decided to follow the package instructions for washing it. I did so (cold water, gentle cycle) and as I took them out to line dry, I noticed that the thermal backing had come off of one in chunks. It got all over me, my washing machine, and the room where the washer is. It was unusable in that condition, so I returned it for a replacement. The other one wasn't creased anymore, but it also seemed to have suffered less severe damage to the thermal lining. atcurtain sent me a new panel to replace the one I sent back, so I still had two panels with deep creases in them. Not wanting to risk washing these, I tried ironing them on a low setting, but the deep creases pretty much remain. I wasn't willing to try ironing them on any hotter of a setting for fear of damaging that thermal backing again, and no matter how long I ironed or how hard I pressed, the creases only slightly diminished. Still, we had no covering for our patio and no privacy without the curtains, so I hung them anyway, hoping that with time the creases would release. The curtains really do block light well and seem to keep the heat out, so I have no complaints on that front.