วันพุธที่ 22 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2556

Bamboo Roll-Up Blind

Bamboo Roll-Up Blind I was initially looking at classic wooden slat blinds, but they're hard to find at a good price, so I decided to try the roll-up style. This blind is a great color and looks good in the window. The string mechanism was initially slightly tricky, but it's worked perfectly since I installed it. Speaking of which, installation was very easy.



Overall, I think these blinds are great for adding a bit of style (definitely nicer than the white plastic venetians), without breaking the bank.
Okay, so I am a frugal woman and can't stand spending money on a product that I can't modify. That said, I had three 30"X23" windows in my laundry room/daylight basement that needed something other than the drapes already there. I rolled out all seventy-two inches of the blinds, marked it in thirds, superglued and then stapled the cords so the slats wouldn't unravel, and then made two cuts with a razor blade. Now I have all three windows with blinds--three for the price of one deal. Yes, I know, I'm a cheap woman. But it worked; you can't tell it's been modified; and it even adds some interior and exterior appeal to a room that usually is just for function. Yay me.